1) Tickets are $50 each. This includes Rodeo t-shirt, Beverages Sat. night, SHRIMP boil Thursday night, as well as SUPPER Friday and Saturday night. You may commit by phone. Voice or TEX to Darren "Gumby" Bourgeois @ (504) 914-9551, e-mail @ email@example.com, prepay or payable at the rodeo site. All divers must be known before 6:00 AM on Friday, October 14th, 2011. Council Derby Board Rules applies. 2) ALL LCUDC fish are eligible. No fish that is out of season, banned or not allowed under State and/or Federal Regulations.
3) Cash Prizes for TOP TEN DIVERS. There will be Awards for King, Champion Skin Diver, Queen, Jr. Diver, Club, and Boat. The 3, 2, 1 points system will apply for all awards. No ties, early entry wins.
4) Boats can leave no earlier than 6:00 A.M., Friday, October 14th. Boats must come in on the 14th and go out again on the 15th no earlier than 6:00 A.M.
5) All Boats and Divers must be committed before 6:00 A.M., Friday, October 14th.
6) All dive boats must display a dive flag while diving. The Sea Tigers request that all boats and divers have fun, dive safe, and have dive insurance (DAN). We hope that all divers enjoy themselves in Venice and use good common sense with dealing with the Oil Rig workers, Marinas and fishermen.
7) Weigh-in closes at 8:00 P.M. on Friday, October 14th and at 7:00 P.M. on Saturday, October 15th. Weigh-in may start when the first divers arrive at the rodeo site on Friday and on Saturday with awards and party to follow.
8) Ports for the STIR will be limited to the Empire/Venice area.
9) A $50 Calcutta (optional) for the largest fish shot. The Winners gets the cash. Money must be paid before 6:00 AM, Friday, the 14th.
The STIR, as all of our competition is based on the honor system. The goal is for Council members to have a spirited competition and get know each other (a little bonding), and enjoy each other’s company. As those who participated in the past can testify that it is a lot of fun.
The STIR site is located at Venice Marina. Motel ph# 504-534-9357.
The Sea Tigers have reserved cabins that sleep 5 people each and will be on a first come (commit) bases. Boats may be left in the water at the dock at the Hotel each night below or near rooms. Parking will be available for trucks and trailers. It is requested that divers stay over to Sunday to drive home or have a designated driver.
The website for the marinas accommodations is http://www.venicemarina.com/10_accommodations.htm
NO DUI or DWI allowed. Please e-mail all donation request to Steve Hartley ; (504) 495-2818. Donations may also be brought to the rodeo site.