The Louisiana State Freediving Championship will be held July 19th - 21st at Chris Moran's Fourchon Marina.
1. Registration is open until Midnight, July 18, 2012. Registration fee is $40. Pre-registration by phone or mail (email) is allowed. All participants must be known prior to the start of the rodeo. Phone ins- Joe 225-936-9685, email: Jwegmann1@cox.net. or Paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=F4EQU274RXJPU
2. Valid fishing license is required of all participants.
3. Diving is open to all waters.
4. Competition starts Thursday July, 19, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. and ends Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 7:00pm
5. All fish subject to autopsy.
6. Scales open Saturday, July 21, 2012 from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm only.
7. All decisions by Rodeo Officials will be final.
8. Headquarters for the Rodeo will be Chris Moran’s Marina in Fourchon, La
9. No power heads allowed.
10. Fish must be speared and apprehended by Diver without assistance.
11. Fish speared from boats are not eligible.
12. Scuba diving and the use of compressed air are not allowed.
13. The use of detachable floats or “buoys,” is only allowed for Tuna, Wahoo, and Mahi Mahi all other Fish (Mangrove Snapper, Cobia, Black Drum, Grouper*, Sheepshead) must be shot with a line attached to the gun and Or line attached to the diver via Reel, Bungee cord or Riding Rig. Diver with float may let go of the line and follow the line with the boat, but must retrieve the fish while in the water. Diver must bring the fish and or the line to the boat without assistant. The boat may go to the diver. The diver may not hold on to a down line or to the anchor line when shooting the fish. Any length of line is allowed. Reels and Bungee cords are allowed. Fish must be shot without the aid of compressed air rather active or passive. Bait and Burlee chumming is allowed.
14. Diver must be present for Raffle prizes, Saturday, July 21. All Sponsor Prizes/Products are to be given away during the Raffle, except for Chad Morris' Freedive Gun, It will be presented to the King Spearfisherman.
15. Trophys will be given for King Spearfisherman, as well as Queen Spearfisherman and Largest Fish.
16. The 3-2-1 point system will be used with ties broken by cumulative weights of fish on these boards.
17. In case of any ties due to weight the earliest fish (es) entered win(s).
18. Eligible fish species are as follows: Tuna, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Mangrove Snapper, Cobia, Black Drum, Grouper*, Sheepshead.
Competition begins Thursday, July 19 at 12:01 a.m. and ends Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
Awards Ceremony will follow at 7:15 p.m.
Saturday, July 21 --- Weigh-in Day Scales Open Only from 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.