2014 COUNCIL OF UNDERWATER DIVE CLUBS SHOOTOUT RULES
Port Fourchon, LA
August 22 & 23, 2014
1) Applicable Council Derby Board rules apply to the Shootout. The Shootout is open to Council Clubs and their members, retired members, prospective members, and Jr. members. Tickets are $50 each. You may commit via phones to Scott Brady 985 966-1266 or e-mail to email@example.com payable at the Shootout site. All divers must be known before 5 AM on Friday, August, 22, 2014.
2) Eligible fishes are: AMBERJACK, BARRACUDA, COBIA, GROUPER (any legal grouper), JACK CREVALLE, MANGROVE SNAPPER, RED SNAPPER & MISCELLANEOUS (no redfish, ocean sunfish, shark or any other fish that is out of season, banned or not allowed under State and/or Federal Regulations) Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places.
3) Awards for Club, Boat, King, Queen, Skin Diver, & Junior Diver (16 and under).
4) Boats can leave no earlier than 5 AM on Friday, August 22nd and must return to port by 8pm on the 22nd.
Boats can leave no earlier than 5 AM on Saturday, August 23th.
5) All Divers must be committed before 5 AM on Friday, August 22nd.
6) All Dive Boats must display a dive flag while diving. The Council requests that all boats and divers have fun, dive safe, have dive insurance, and yield to the wishes and desires of the oil rigs and work boats. That all divers enjoy themselves at Port Fourchon but use good common sense with dealing with the Marinas and the Fishermen.
7) Weight-in closes on Friday at 8 PM with some flexibility. On Saturday, the scales will close at 7 PM.
8) Ports for the Shootout will be limited to the Fourchon/Grand Isle area.
9) A $50 Calcutta for the largest fish shot. Money must be paid before 5 AM Friday, August 22nd. Winner gets the Cash.
Each diver will receive a Council Shootout T-Shirt, Two (2) meals, beer and drinks for the meals. In order to ensure there is enough food for the meals, it is requested that you commit as early as possible.
The Shootout site is located at Chris Moran’s Motel and Marina (same location as in the past) Call: 985 396-3900 as soon as possible to book your room. It is requested that you book for 3 nights: Thursday, Aug 23 to Sat, Aug. 24. Plan to leave on Sunday morning in order not to drink and drive and stay over for the Party.
All money raised will go for the t-shirts, the meals, and prize money.
Each club is requested to donate $150 for the Shootout. Entrance prizes may be brought to the Shoot Out site.
Commitments can also be made by email to :
Russell Roussel - firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Brady - email@example.com