The Blake Terry Memorial Foundation Fishing/Spearfishing Tournement is the weekend of the Aug. 10th-11th at Moran's Marina. As far as the diving division, there is a $50.00 calcutta on the largest fish, NO RULES. Buoy, Scuba, Skin, however you want to shoot the largest fish.
12th Annual LA COUNCIL OF UNDERWATER DIVE CLUBS SHOOTOUT RULES
Port Fourchon, LA –
August 24 & 25, 2012
1) Applicable Council Derby Board rules apply to the Shootout. The Shootout is open to Council Clubs and their members, retired members, prospective members, and Jr. members. Tickets are $50 each. You may commit via phones to Terry Migaud @ 504 833-1884 or 504 452-8942 or e-mail to email@example.com payable at the Shootout site. All divers must be known before 5 AM on Friday, August, 24, 2012.
2) Eligible fishes are: AMBERJACK, BARRACUDA, COBIA, GROUPER (any legal grouper), JACK CRVELLE, MANGROVE SNAPPER, DRUM, & MISCELLANOUS (no redfish, ocean sunfish, shark, red snappers, and any other fish that is out of season or ban or not allow under State and/or Federal Regulations) Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places.
3) Awards for Club, Boat, King, Queen, Champion Skin Diver, & Champion Junior Diver (16 and under).
4) Boats can leave no earlier than 5 AM on Friday, August 24th . All Boats must return to port on the 24th.
Boats can leave no earlier than 5 AM on Saturday, August 25th.
5) All Divers must be committed before 5 AM on Friday, August 24th.
6) All Dive Boats must display a dive flag while diving. The Council request that all boats and divers have fun, dive safe, have dive insurance, and yield to the wishes and desires of the oil rigs and work boats. That all divers enjoy themselves at Port Fourchon but use good common sense with dealing with the Marinas and the Fishermen.
7) Weight-in close on Friday 8 PM with some flexibility. On Saturday, the scales will close at 7 PM.
8) Ports for the Shootout will be limited to the Flouchon/Grand Isle area.
9) A $50 Calcutta for the largest fish shot. Money must be pay before 5 AM Friday, August 24th. Winner gets the Cash.
Each diver will receive a Council Shootout T-Shirt, 3 raffle tickets for the original marine painting by Robert Post, the value of this painting is stated to be about $5000 (to benefit “Save the Rigs”) The ticket will be pull just ahead of the awards presentation. Two (2) meals, beer and drinks for the meals. In order to insure enough food for the meals, it is requested that you commit as early as possible.
The Shootout site is located at Chris Moran’s Motel and Marina (same location as in the past) Call : 985 396-3900 as soon as possible to book your room. It is requested that you book for 3 nights: Thursday, Aug 23 to Sat, Aug. 25. Plan to leave on Sunday morning in order not to drink and drive and stay over for the Party.
All money raised will go for the t-shirts, the meals, prize money, and $10 from each diver towards the raffle.
The Louisiana State Freediving Championship will be held July 19th - 21st at Chris Moran's Fourchon Marina.
1. Registration is open until Midnight, July 18, 2012. Registration fee is $40. Pre-registration by phone or mail (email) is allowed. All participants must be known prior to the start of the rodeo. Phone ins- Joe 225-936-9685, email: Jwegmann1@cox.net. or Paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=F4EQU274RXJPU
2. Valid fishing license is required of all participants.
3. Diving is open to all waters.
4. Competition starts Thursday July, 19, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. and ends Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 7:00pm
5. All fish subject to autopsy.
6. Scales open Saturday, July 21, 2012 from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm only.
7. All decisions by Rodeo Officials will be final.
8. Headquarters for the Rodeo will be Chris Moran’s Marina in Fourchon, La
9. No power heads allowed.
10. Fish must be speared and apprehended by Diver without assistance.
11. Fish speared from boats are not eligible.
12. Scuba diving and the use of compressed air are not allowed.
13. The use of detachable floats or “buoys,” is only allowed for Tuna, Wahoo, and Mahi Mahi all other Fish (Mangrove Snapper, Cobia, Black Drum, Grouper*, Sheepshead) must be shot with a line attached to the gun and Or line attached to the diver via Reel, Bungee cord or Riding Rig. Diver with float may let go of the line and follow the line with the boat, but must retrieve the fish while in the water. Diver must bring the fish and or the line to the boat without assistant. The boat may go to the diver. The diver may not hold on to a down line or to the anchor line when shooting the fish. Any length of line is allowed. Reels and Bungee cords are allowed. Fish must be shot without the aid of compressed air rather active or passive. Bait and Burlee chumming is allowed.
14. Diver must be present for Raffle prizes, Saturday, July 21. All Sponsor Prizes/Products are to be given away during the Raffle, except for Chad Morris' Freedive Gun, It will be presented to the King Spearfisherman.
15. Trophys will be given for King Spearfisherman, as well as Queen Spearfisherman and Largest Fish.
16. The 3-2-1 point system will be used with ties broken by cumulative weights of fish on these boards.
17. In case of any ties due to weight the earliest fish (es) entered win(s).
18. Eligible fish species are as follows: Tuna, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Mangrove Snapper, Cobia, Black Drum, Grouper*, Sheepshead.
Competition begins Thursday, July 19 at 12:01 a.m. and ends Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
Awards Ceremony will follow at 7:15 p.m.
Saturday, July 21 --- Weigh-in Day Scales Open Only from 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.