2015 COUNCIL OF UNDERWATER DIVE CLUBS SHOOTOUT RULES
Port Fourchon, LA
August 21 & 22, 2015
1) Applicable Council Derby Board rules apply to the Shootout. The Shootout is open to Council Clubs and their members, retired members, prospective members, and Jr. members. Tickets are $50 each. You may commit via phones to Russell Roussel 504 329-3154 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Cyril Gonzales email@example.com payable at the Shootout site. All divers must be known before 5 AM on Friday, August, 20, 2015.
2) Eligible fishes are: AMBERJACK, BARRACUDA, COBIA, GROUPER (any legal grouper), JACK CRVELLE, MANGROVE SNAPPER, & MISCELLANEOUS (no redfish, ocean sunfish, shark, red snappers, and any other fish that is out of season or ban or not allow under State and/or Federal Regulations) Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places.
3) Awards for Club, Boat, King, Queen, Skin Diver, & Junior Diver (16 and under).
4) Boats can leave no earlier than 5 AM on Friday, August 21st . All Boats must return to port on the 21st.
Boats can leave no earlier than 5 AM on Saturday, August 22nd.
5) All Divers must be committed before 5 AM on Friday, August 21st.
6) All Dive Boats must display a dive flag while diving. The Council request that all boats and divers have fun, dive safe, have dive insurance, and yield to the wishes and desires of the oil rigs and work boats. That all divers enjoy themselves at Port Fourchon but use good common sense with dealing with the Marinas and the Fishermen.
7) Weight-in close on Friday 8 PM with some flexibility. On Saturday, the scales will close at 7 PM.
8) Ports for the Shootout will be limited to the Flouchon/Grand Isle area.
9) A $50 Calcutta for the largest fish shot. Money must be pay before 5 AM Friday, August 21st. Winner gets the Cash.
Each day of the Shootout, a LCUDC Port Captain will be in charge if the LCUDC Officers are not available. The Port Captains are Jared Falterman And (we need a port captain. They will have full authority to collect rodeo tickets and Calcutta money, give out t-shirts and raffle tickets, sit up the meal of the day, and to sit up the scales. It is requested that you give them your full cooperation.
Each diver will receive a Council Shootout T-Shirt, Two (2) meals, beer and drinks for the meals. In order to insure enough food for the meals, it is requested that you commit as early as possible.
The Shootout site is located at Chris Moran’s Motel and Marina (same location as in the past) Call: 985 396-3900 as soon as possible to book your room. It is requested that you book for 3 nights: Thursday, Aug 20 to Sat, Aug. 22. Plan to leave on Sunday morning in order not to drink and drive and stay over for the Party.
All money raised will go for the t-shirts, the meals, and prize money. Walter Stone is the weight master.
The Aqua Aces will do the cooking.