We invite all Spear Fisherman to join us in support of this year’s Rodeo.
Scales will open at 12 noon , Sunday, March 26 and close at 3:00pm in Westwego Park.
(Speed Limit is 15 “watch your speed !!!”)
Great entry prizes to all who enter.
Sea Tigers Spearfishing Club
SEA TIGERS ANNUAL GARFISH RODEO RULES
1) Registration fee is $25.00. All participants must be registered before competition begins.
2) Valid fishing license is required.
3) Diving is open to INSHORE waters ONLY.
4) Competition begins March 23, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. and ends Sunday, March 26th, 2017 at 3:00pm.
5) Scales will be open Sunday, March 26th 2017 from 12:00pm- 3:00pm in Westwego Park ( Ave D and Westbank Exp )
6) Fish must be speared and apprehended by diver without assistance.
7) Fish speared from boats are not eligible. Divers must be submerged.
8) Skin and SCUBA allowed.
9) Competition is open to all divers.
10) All catches must be by or witnessed by LCUDC member.
11) Categories are Gar, Aggregate Gar, Catfish, Carp and Miscellaneous.
12) There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for each category.
13) The 3,2,1, system will be used with all points used for King/Club.
14) Awards will be given for King Spearfisherman and Leading Club.
15) Registration may be made by phone with Gumby@ (504) 914-9551, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org